Skip to main content

Day 106

First order of business:  Happy Halloween!  To commemorate this occasion, let's take a look at some of Kate's costumes over the year.
Even future queens like to roller skate in leg warmers!
And then, on November 1st, all the fashionistas started wearing bat capes...
I feel like William might really like this one.
And my personal favorite: Pocahontas in a cocktail dress and cardigan!
Sadly, I did not dress up today.  Mostly because I was going to go as Kate and it was cold and I was lazy and it hurricaned outside when I would have gone shopping.  Sorry to disappoint.

Breakfast was two cups of water and two hours worth of meetings.  Don't be jealous!  0 points

Lunch was half of an Asian Chopped Chicken Salad (soooo good) with dressing on the side from Pei Wei.  I also had a bowl of wonton soup 'cause baby it's cold outside.  And a glass of water.  Kathy and Linzi also had salads, and we shamed Jason in to feeling bad about his non-salad option, which was some sort of chicken and rice.  Total: 7 points


Snack was four tootsie rolls, a few delicious candy corns, and two cups of water.  Total: 2 point
Oooh yay, they do make earrings to match my candy corn bracelet!
Dinner was three ounces of chicken, a half cup of peas, and a cup of tomatoes with two teaspoons of lemon olive oila.  Also a cup of water.  But I was still hungry and still thinking about chana masala, so I had some with rice and raita and milk. Total: 15 points

Exercise was wii fit with a cup of water, but no boxing, because I hurt all of my muscles doing it yesterday.
Of course!  Let's do step aerobics for a crowd!
Liquids: 8/6
Dairy: 2/2
Vitamin: 1/1
Healthy Oil: 2/2
Fruits/Veggies: 6
/5
Protein: 
5/2
Whole Grains:
no, but again, this is the thing I'm least worried about
Exercise:
yes, wii fit
Total24/26 points
Weekly Points
8/49 for the week. 
Steps: 15,000 (4,000 on the pedometer, 2,000 for cardio, 5000 for veggies, 4000 for water)


In honor of today's accomplishments, as well as Halloween, I think we have all earned this:

Popular posts from this blog

Freezer Meal #2 - Maple Pork Tenderloin with Apples

This is the second part of my foray in to freezer meals - the first part can be found here  for Cheesy Shells and Italian Sausage. Today we're making a pork and apples recipe adapted from The Pampered Chef.  I love this one--it's so easy to assemble in advance, most of the ingredients you likely already have, and it couldn't be easier to fix the day you want to eat it (dump stuff in pan, bake). So yummy.  And pretty. Maple Pork Tenderloin with Apples For this you'll need the ingredients below.  You probably have the oil, vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, mustard, and bags in your pantry!  You can also easily divide this recipe if you usually only cook for 2-3 people at a time (that's what I do when I make it). 2 pork tenderloins , about 2 pounds total - they can be expensive, so pick these up on sale 3 apples - I prefer honeycrisp but use what you like, or take one of these suggestions 1 small red onion 1/4 cup canola oil 1 clove garlic , pressed o

New Year, Old Me

And, after a brief 5 year hiatus, we're back! For those of you who are new here, for a number of years I wrote a blog featuring an assortment of things I found interesting: the British Royal Family, sarcastic hot takes on award show fashion, travel, and (the reason I started it) to help me keep stay on track with eating healthier food. Recently, one of my doctors suggested that I start the blog back up and I thought it was a good idea for a few reasons: chief among them to help with some health goals, plus I'd like to use it as a way to stay connected with some colleagues that departed at work. By way of an understatement, 2023 was a smidge rough.   My dad got really sick in April, and after that, it was a slalom of the American healthcare system / in-home healthcare / nursing facilities / ambiguous loss & living grief .  Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the company I work for turned 24 and, well, sometimes 24 year old companies behave like 24 year old humans.  They're fun

Kate Middleton, Goofball

My new favorite K-Middy gif came out today.  She and William went for a walk during their day off in Australia, and she totally did this: Big Willy and Babykins (their nicknames for each other) have talked about Kate's sense of humor before in interviews.  Apparently she's funny and sarcastic--now we're more than just hair soul mates!  Below are some of my favorite non-posed Kate pics. They're probably watching horses.  So British of them. This is at the Olympics.  She seems concerned. I'd also like to point out that I'm jealous of how good her ponytail looks. It sounds like she's saying "OMG no way!" Man, I hope that's what she's talking about with the fancy church people at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee service. Again, I suspect ponies are involved here. If you watch interviews with her (and I do) she makes this face all the time.  I LOVE IT. Celebrities: they're just like us!  They hide behind their