Skip to main content

May 8th & 9th

Tuesday was day 2 of teleworking, which started off strong, and ended with unhelpful carbs and skipping out on exercising.

Oh man, it's so nice to have time for, and no excuses about, breakfast.  I made Gordon Ramsay eggs, 2 slices of center cut bacon cooked crisp, raspberries, and covfefe with vanilla soy milk.

Lunch was actually really busy due to the magic of time zones (the West Coast seems to want to talk to me at noon and 1, so I had Cauliflower mac & cheese, low sodium ham, and tomato/basil/olive salad while I worked.

Snack was unexpected.  I stopped by my office to pick up a package and mail some things and ate 2 squares of Ghiradelli chocolate I found in my desk.  Damn you, desk chocolate!

Dinner was chips & salsa and a healthy salad!  At a Mexican restaurant!

Then I had a Shame Snack of Townhouse crackers and M&Ms.
Instead of exercising I made excuses.  Shame!  SHAME!

So some high points and some low points, but still not a bad day overall.  We'll give it a Princess Beatrice at the Met Gala.  There are some not terrible things happening here, especially given that the theme was "Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination."  Hmmm.


On to today!

Remember how I said I didn't have an excuse for not eating breakfast?  Well, I got busy with work so it was just covfefe with vanilla soy milk.  Lame.

Lunch was 15 baked popcorn shrimp, a green salad, some sliced tomatoes, and a Greek yogurt.

Dinner was flank steak with tomatoes, corn, and beans, and half a small avocado.

Dessert was strawberry shortcake made with Heart Smart Bisquick, 2% milk, and SO MUCH Tru-Whip Light.

Exercise was a 25 minute walk, and a bosu ball workout that included up & overs, chest press, bridge, plank rocks, toe taps, lunges, burpees, tricep dips, tricep extensions, mountain climbers, and squats.  And now I'm gonna do some yoga.

Today, my friends, deserves a Chris Hemsworth.



Popular posts from this blog

Freezer Meal #2 - Maple Pork Tenderloin with Apples

This is the second part of my foray in to freezer meals - the first part can be found here  for Cheesy Shells and Italian Sausage. Today we're making a pork and apples recipe adapted from The Pampered Chef.  I love this one--it's so easy to assemble in advance, most of the ingredients you likely already have, and it couldn't be easier to fix the day you want to eat it (dump stuff in pan, bake). So yummy.  And pretty. Maple Pork Tenderloin with Apples For this you'll need the ingredients below.  You probably have the oil, vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, mustard, and bags in your pantry!  You can also easily divide this recipe if you usually only cook for 2-3 people at a time (that's what I do when I make it). 2 pork tenderloins , about 2 pounds total - they can be expensive, so pick these up on sale 3 apples - I prefer honeycrisp but use what you like, or take one of these suggestions 1 small red onion 1/4 cup canola oil 1 clove garlic , press...

The Olympic Outfits of Johnny Weir, rated

The Verner girls are back, 4 years later, to discuss the outfits of Johnny Weir. (And the crowd goes wild!) Since writing about his Sochi wardrobe , it has been one of my top posts of all time. Other highly rated posts include a post about the palaces of Hawaii , how to pack for vacation , a Pampered Chef cheesy pasta recipe , and Meghan Markle tiara predictions . You guys are an eclectic group. Speaking of eclectic, let's talk about Johnny's overall look. First, let me start off by saying that yes, I know that Johnny looks like a cross between the Hunger Games, Pee Wee Herman, and Colonel Sanders. So obviously, I've seen that one post on Twitter about it. And that meme on Facebook. And that thread on Reddit. Johnny is not one for subtlety. One year he said he was going to go with a "not-so-literal" interpretation for his Kentucky Derby hat, and he then literally wore a crown of roses and a mint julep on his head. Basically, Johnny would not know subtl...

Baseline

Oooh look, I came back!  It's time for our first update on how "New Year, Old Me" is going. This week was pretty much documenting a baseline where I logged what I ate (for science!  Okay, not really--for pattern identification!), did a lot of stretching because my piriformis, psoas, and QL muscles are jacked, and tried to identify some changes I could make. Let's get right to... What I'm eating 'Tis the season for leftovers!  We try ( try  being the intent here) to minimize our food waste by keeping a running list of things we need to use up on the fridge.  And this week we actually made it through everything except the coleslaw and the applesauce (the coleslaw went to a landfill, while the applesauce lives to fight another day). My, my.  What pretty handwriting. Leftovers never sounded so lovely. I had some leftover ham from Christmas, Observed  on the 30th with my parents, and then some leftover fresh broccoli from a veggie tray my SIL made for ...