Skip to main content

April 15, 2018

Oh Lordy, guys.  The Shame Squad needs to come back for 13 days between now and the next trip I take. 

Work has been stressful, and I've been running my sister's campaign for local office, and I ate and drank some things in NOLA.  (Although I did not do as bad there as one may think, because I lurve raw oysters and hate fruity drinks.  I did have a Hurricane so I could say I had one and...more for you guys.)




I'm behind on everything, and that includes my fitness goals, and it's getting to the point where I'm starting to feel like Britney Spears in 2007.  So I need to re-prioritize healthy routines.  Mostly due to work my fitness goals went from:

  • Get 8 hours of sleep.
  • Exercise 3x a week.
  • Do yoga 1x per week.
  • Eat lean protein, whole grains, fruits and vegetables.

To this:


  • Sleep?  At least lie in bed and calculate that "if I fell asleep right now I would get 4 hours and 17 minutes of sleep.  Okay, now 4 hours and 16 minutes."
  • Maybe consider taking a 5 minute break when your left shoulder does that thing where it feels like it's gonna detach because of stress and your eye is twitching to the point that you're strongly considering taping it open.
  • Stretch your hamstrings for 30 seconds every other week.
  • Banana peppers on pizza are considered vegetables.

So here we go for today, Sunday April 15th.  Oooh, and maybe remember to do your tax returns tomorrow and file them by Tuesday.  Or don't.  I'm not the IRS.

  • Breakfast was covfefe and almond soy milk while I made the world's longest grocery list, for Operation Eat Healthy for 13 Days.  I also took a big ol' bottle of water with me to the grocery store.  Does bagging vegetables count as cardio?  Because if so, I did so much cardio today.  Oh, it doesn't?  Uuugh, fine.
  • Lunch was a little bit of shrimp (because Chris, who is normally an excellent cook, apparently was voodoo cursed in to the seasoning clumping up), and an ear of fresh corn, and an heirloom tomato salad with red onion, olive oil, and kalamata olives.  Since I mostly skipped over the shrimp, I had some plain Greek yogurt for protein.
This was seriously yummy.


I heart some fresh corn off the cob.
  • Dinner was Asiago Crusted Chicken Breasts from this cookbook, and I'd make those suckers again.  I also had some Oven Roasted Cauliflower and a salad of lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers with a little bit of cheese (because there's a smidge of cheese in the chicken and some on the cauliflower so why not).  Plus 4 tootsie rolls and some hot green tea.
Mmmmm....vegetables.
For exercise, I focused on obliques + an upper body HIIT workout, and I'm gonna go do a little bit of yin yoga here in a hot minute.


In honor of getting back on the proverbial horse, here's K-Middy with a very young Prince George, hanging out near a literal horse.  Baby #3 should be here by the end of the month, for anyone who is interested... I do enjoy that right now, she very likely weighs more than I do.  Let's keep it that way for as long as possible, Kate.




Popular posts from this blog

Freezer Meal #2 - Maple Pork Tenderloin with Apples

This is the second part of my foray in to freezer meals - the first part can be found here  for Cheesy Shells and Italian Sausage. Today we're making a pork and apples recipe adapted from The Pampered Chef.  I love this one--it's so easy to assemble in advance, most of the ingredients you likely already have, and it couldn't be easier to fix the day you want to eat it (dump stuff in pan, bake). So yummy.  And pretty. Maple Pork Tenderloin with Apples For this you'll need the ingredients below.  You probably have the oil, vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, mustard, and bags in your pantry!  You can also easily divide this recipe if you usually only cook for 2-3 people at a time (that's what I do when I make it). 2 pork tenderloins , about 2 pounds total - they can be expensive, so pick these up on sale 3 apples - I prefer honeycrisp but use what you like, or take one of these suggestions 1 small red onion 1/4 cup canola oil 1 clove garlic , pressed o

New Year, Old Me

And, after a brief 5 year hiatus, we're back! For those of you who are new here, for a number of years I wrote a blog featuring an assortment of things I found interesting: the British Royal Family, sarcastic hot takes on award show fashion, travel, and (the reason I started it) to help me keep stay on track with eating healthier food. Recently, one of my doctors suggested that I start the blog back up and I thought it was a good idea for a few reasons: chief among them to help with some health goals, plus I'd like to use it as a way to stay connected with some colleagues that departed at work. By way of an understatement, 2023 was a smidge rough.   My dad got really sick in April, and after that, it was a slalom of the American healthcare system / in-home healthcare / nursing facilities / ambiguous loss & living grief .  Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the company I work for turned 24 and, well, sometimes 24 year old companies behave like 24 year old humans.  They're fun

Kate Middleton, Goofball

My new favorite K-Middy gif came out today.  She and William went for a walk during their day off in Australia, and she totally did this: Big Willy and Babykins (their nicknames for each other) have talked about Kate's sense of humor before in interviews.  Apparently she's funny and sarcastic--now we're more than just hair soul mates!  Below are some of my favorite non-posed Kate pics. They're probably watching horses.  So British of them. This is at the Olympics.  She seems concerned. I'd also like to point out that I'm jealous of how good her ponytail looks. It sounds like she's saying "OMG no way!" Man, I hope that's what she's talking about with the fancy church people at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee service. Again, I suspect ponies are involved here. If you watch interviews with her (and I do) she makes this face all the time.  I LOVE IT. Celebrities: they're just like us!  They hide behind their