Skip to main content

January 24th & 25th

We're just going to skip the 21st - 23rd, okay?  Okay.  It's not that I ate horribly, in fact, for the most part, I didn't eat all that much.  When I did eat, it was soup.  Soup makes me feel less sad.  And I just don't have that many jokes about chicken noodles.

Saturday, I slept through breakfast.  Then we headed to Lost Rhino for lunch because they have beer.  I had a salad with avocado, a handful of nuts, beer (Rhinoel, specifically), and water.

I had a few of Chris' nachos and pretzels.  Here he is looking sad.  I think it was because he ran out of beer.
Then I went over to Amy's house so Amy, Diana, and I could talk about All the Crazy People.  Which took 4 hours because we know LOTS of crazy people.  (Not YOU, of course.)  

Diana made us a 250 calorie Mexican pizza, which tasted just like the one from Taco Bell.  Ingredients were a flatout wrap, fat free refried beans, 2% cheese, Taco Bell taco sauce, tomatoes, and red onions.  It was very yummy.  Thanks, Diana!  #dolo  She and I also split a Cran-brr-rita and diet 7-up.  Because when you talk about crazy people,  you must have pink drinks.  It's a rule.
Exercise was Piyo.  I should have had breakfast and more water, but I was doing the best I could.  For makin' the most of what you've got to work with, we'll give it a Princess Anne.  You know, back when she cared.

Sunday I got up for breakfast, then fell asleep on the couch.  Nothing like taking a nap immediately after getting up.  Continuing our beer trend, we went to Lost Rhino, where we had Non-Shame-Squad-Approved chips & queso and beer.  It was yummy.

Then I ate about half of the below pictured pork loin with salsa, black beans, and brown rice.
Then I had another nap.  For dinner, I made this super yummy dinner from Skinnytaste--asparagus, eggs, and bacon in a mustard vinaigrette.
Exercise was 35 minutes on the bike and Fitsugar's 10 minute abs.  So a better day, but not the best day.  We'll give it a Zara, looking perplexed.


Popular posts from this blog

Freezer Meal #2 - Maple Pork Tenderloin with Apples

This is the second part of my foray in to freezer meals - the first part can be found here  for Cheesy Shells and Italian Sausage. Today we're making a pork and apples recipe adapted from The Pampered Chef.  I love this one--it's so easy to assemble in advance, most of the ingredients you likely already have, and it couldn't be easier to fix the day you want to eat it (dump stuff in pan, bake). So yummy.  And pretty. Maple Pork Tenderloin with Apples For this you'll need the ingredients below.  You probably have the oil, vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, mustard, and bags in your pantry!  You can also easily divide this recipe if you usually only cook for 2-3 people at a time (that's what I do when I make it). 2 pork tenderloins , about 2 pounds total - they can be expensive, so pick these up on sale 3 apples - I prefer honeycrisp but use what you like, or take one of these suggestions 1 small red onion 1/4 cup canola oil 1 clove garlic , press...

The Olympic Outfits of Johnny Weir, rated

The Verner girls are back, 4 years later, to discuss the outfits of Johnny Weir. (And the crowd goes wild!) Since writing about his Sochi wardrobe , it has been one of my top posts of all time. Other highly rated posts include a post about the palaces of Hawaii , how to pack for vacation , a Pampered Chef cheesy pasta recipe , and Meghan Markle tiara predictions . You guys are an eclectic group. Speaking of eclectic, let's talk about Johnny's overall look. First, let me start off by saying that yes, I know that Johnny looks like a cross between the Hunger Games, Pee Wee Herman, and Colonel Sanders. So obviously, I've seen that one post on Twitter about it. And that meme on Facebook. And that thread on Reddit. Johnny is not one for subtlety. One year he said he was going to go with a "not-so-literal" interpretation for his Kentucky Derby hat, and he then literally wore a crown of roses and a mint julep on his head. Basically, Johnny would not know subtl...

Baseline

Oooh look, I came back!  It's time for our first update on how "New Year, Old Me" is going. This week was pretty much documenting a baseline where I logged what I ate (for science!  Okay, not really--for pattern identification!), did a lot of stretching because my piriformis, psoas, and QL muscles are jacked, and tried to identify some changes I could make. Let's get right to... What I'm eating 'Tis the season for leftovers!  We try ( try  being the intent here) to minimize our food waste by keeping a running list of things we need to use up on the fridge.  And this week we actually made it through everything except the coleslaw and the applesauce (the coleslaw went to a landfill, while the applesauce lives to fight another day). My, my.  What pretty handwriting. Leftovers never sounded so lovely. I had some leftover ham from Christmas, Observed  on the 30th with my parents, and then some leftover fresh broccoli from a veggie tray my SIL made for ...